February 11, 2010

Treats to Try

I'm starting a new feature called Treats to Try, in which I share the food-related reading or recipes I've checked out. These are things I'd like to write full posts about, but won't, for your sake.

First, let me sing the praises of Giada De Laurentiis (or Boobs, as she's called in my household). I like to watch her cook, even if she says the same words each episode ("crunchy," "creamy," and "peppery" are her favorites), and I tried her Broiled Salmon with Herbed Mustard Glaze recipe tonight. T and I ate it so fast that I couldn't even think about finding my camera. Seriously. So. Good. Try it immediately.

Next, you need to read Ian Knauer's article, A Grandfather's Love, in a Sandwich. In addition to making you cry, it will almost certainly make you think back to those dishes you ate as a child that are really special, but only to you. Mine? The Fluffernutter. It's a New England thing.

Last, check out Jordan Mackay's What to Drink in 2010. I admire any man who writes a drinking agenda a year in advance, and you should too. Featured on his list? Madeira, rum (having grown up sailing, I pledge allegiance to Mount Gay and Mount Gay only), and Beaujolais.

That's all for now, chickadees. Off to bake peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, for no reason other than to feed my gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment