March 11, 2010

Let's Get Greek-y: Tapas in West Hartford

Since I was treated to dinner from there tonight, I thought I'd write a quick acknowledgment of T's family standby when it comes to take-out: Tapas, the best Greek food in Hartford. I've never actually eaten at the restaurant (of which there are three in the area), but I've awkwardly waited in the vestibule area for my bags of takeout more times than I care to share, and the atmosphere seems great (pathetic, I know).

I have to admit that I've only had three things from Tapas: the Gyros (with grilled onions and extra tzatziki...delicious), the Greek salad, and the Chicken Mykonos (chicken and a dill cream sauce in a deliciously buttery filo pocket). My understanding, from the menu, is that it's fairly Americanized Greek food (as in, they serve a veggie burrito and a cajun chicken pocket), and it isn't what I would call cheap. That said, the food I've had from Tapas is always comforting and delicious, and I'm happy to let people keep buying me Tapas dinners (again...pathetic, I know).

Give Tapas a try if you're ever in West Hartford, Bloomfield, or regular old Hartford. And no, I don't know why it's named Tapas when it isn't Spanish and there's a perfectly good Greek word, Mezes, for the same type of small appetizers. Oh well, who am I to criticize? I'm happy as long as they keep making me Chicken Mykonos.

No comments:

Post a Comment