April 08, 2010

Foodographs: The Year in Food

The New York Times site has a great article right now about the rise in amateur food photography. After I lamented for a while about the fact that they seemed to have missed Kitt's Kittchen (your best source for what matters in my kitchen), I started looking back through my (almost complete) first year as a food blogger. I put together a slide show of favorite food photographs from my adventures in food this year, and thought I'd share it with you.



The photos are pretty much just point-and-shoot, although one is a mistake that ended up looking pretty beautiful.

If you're looking for food photography advice, check out the NYT's article on how to take photos of food. If you have an iPhone, you can also use the new dietSNAPS application to track your diet with a daily log and photos of each meal. Of course, I wouldn't consider myself a particularly talented food photographer, because half of my photos turn out grainy and gross. The light in my kitchen is terrible, but I find food photography exciting and I like to document what I make.

1 comment:

  1. I read that article! Kind of interesting...the OCD-ness of it all. I don't know if you listen to podcasts, but KCRW's good food (www.kcrw.com/goodfood), though California-centric, is really fun. It talks a lot about all sorts of food crazes, the latest trends, etc. They started a food Flikr group based around people posting the latest meal they ate. Kind of fun to check out if you have time!

    ReplyDelete