June 02, 2010

Rationalizing: What I Do Best

I was a really, really, really bad blogger in May. But wait! Here are some reasons why I feel I can excuse my behavior:
  1. The end of the school year is right now, which means parties, exams, graduation, etc. all in my grill all the time.
  2. I'm packing up my whole life and moving it into storage until we find out where T will be stationed, which means that I'm usually too tired to make anything good looking or creative enough to merit a blog post.
  3. It's effing hot in Richmond, which makes me want to lie around and takes away what is usually a considerable appetite on my part.
  4. Most importantly: I just got engaged! So...yeah! Adjusting to that whole thing and planning, y'know, a wedding, is also taking up a lot of my time. As in, the proposal was on Sunday, and I already have a substantial look book put together and a Google Doc longer than War & Peace of plans and ideas. Wedding planning is my new food.
I will be better about posting this month, especially as I'm about to go spend the summer living at the Lucy and Ethel's Cakes headquarters (lord, please spare my waistline), and I'll be sharing more cake and cupcake decorating techniques. Rumor has it that they've even come up with a tasty vegan cake, which I would love to write about!

That's all for now. I have to go rip stuff out of bridal magazines and fantasize about food options (you know I'll be sharing my wedding food adventures with you).

2 comments:

  1. I totally had my look book underway within like seconds of the engagement, and I'm not even a girly-girl. I hope we'll get hints of the planning on this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    I know you're on Food Gawker and now you've got reasons to browse Wedding Gawker :)

    Also, my boyfriend is a professional photographer and does lots of weddings if you're looking for someone.

    http://ianmgraham.com/

    ReplyDelete