September 23, 2009

Gross Recipe of the Week: Twinkie Pie

Unless I've blocked it from memory, I'm pretty confident that I've never eaten a Twinkie. Friends of mine used to get them packed in their lunch bags by their mothers (the same mothers who drew hearts all over the bags and sprinkled in some holiday-themed candy, too), and I remember being pretty grossed out that the "cream" inside a Twinkie was actually kind of shiny in the light. And then there's that haunting buttery yellow color. My arteries are aching just thinking about it.

So imagine my horror at discovering this recipe for Twinkie Pie. Good thing the strawberries are there to compensate for the horrid health offenses committed by this recipe, eh? At least this way, whoever has an immediate heart attack from even standing near the pie might at least stand a chance at getting some Vitamin C out of the deal.

And yes, I am aware of the irony of posting this Gross Recipe of the Week directly above my deep-fried Oreo experience. I'm trying to come up with a way to rationalize it, and I'm not doing very well. Oh well. Consider this my "Dumb Choices" week.

1 comment:

  1. But wait, you've never lived til you've had a fried chocolate covered twinkie!

    ReplyDelete