December 14, 2010

Curried Sweet Potato and Cauliflower

This was such an easy answer to the Sweet Potato Challenge of 2010 that I wish I had thought of it earlier. I'd had tandoori cauliflower at Balliceaux in Richmond last spring, but it hadn't occurred to me until last night to pair such great flavors with sweet potatoes.

Curried Sweet Potato and Cauliflower
  • 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into one-inch pieces
  • 1 head cauliflower, broken up into bite-sized florets
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • Red pepper flakes to taste (I used about a teaspoon)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes, cauliflower, olive oil, and spices in your baking dish.


2. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring once at about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.







So it turns out that T isn't a big fan of cauliflower...even really crispy, delicious cauliflower. He loved the spicy flavor of the sweet potatoes, though, and I ate enough cauliflower for the both of us.

Sorry for the short post--lots of work to do before we can leave for the holiday break to travel to the land of decent grocery stores and strangers who (thankfully) don't feel the need to talk to one another early in the morning while they're waiting for coffee at Starbucks. The North. I'm talking about The North.

No comments:

Post a Comment