December 09, 2010

Rosemary Sweet Potato Chips

Welp, I've blogged about sweet potato chips before, but the ones I made last night were the best...ever.


Sick of really sweet sweet potatoes, I decided to cover them in chopped rosemary and loads of fresh ground black pepper (and salt, duh) to see if I could get a more savory snack out of this Sweet Potato Challenge of 2010.

I decided to go for chips that were as crispy as possible, so I brushed them with a very light coating of olive oil and put them in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes. I then turned the heat down to about 300 degrees, and gave them another 15 minutes, checking regularly to make sure that they didn't burn while they were drawing out.


The end result was lovely: a hint of the potatoes' natural sweetness, a hint of rosemary, and a nice bite from the pepper. T and I managed to eat them all in about five minutes, and then I picked at the leftover salt, pepper, and rosemary blend sitting in the pan. Who says we need a dog when we have me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment