June 21, 2011

Taciturn Tuesdays: It's Thyme for Onion Relish

 
Props to my stepfather, T, for serving me some of this delicious onion relish during my last visit. It was intended as a condiment for burgers, but, of course, I ended up eating a big ol' scoop of it on its own because I loved it so much.


So. Chop up three Vidalia onions.


While you're chopping the onions, melt two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil together in a large pot over medium heat.


Stir the onions into the butter and oil mixture, then add one tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme and a splash of white wine. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook the onions, stirring occasionally, for about an hour, until they turn gloopy and soft and light brown and delicious.


Serve as a condiment, a dip, or, if you're me, eat with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment